LOCATION AND DESCRIPTION OF MAJOR COMPONENTS I
1. MANPACK ANTENNA: Radiates/receives RF signals for RT.
2. RECEIVER-TRANSMITTER: VHF-FM combat net radio. Provides primary means of command and control (voice and
3. HANDSET: Used for voice communication.
4. BATTERY BOX: Connects to RT. Protects battery.
5. BATTERY: Installed in battery box which is connected to RT for MP power. Supplies primary power for operation.
6. FIELD PACK: Carries components required for MP. Fieldpacks may differ. Two types are illustrated above.