1. VEHICULAR ANTENNA: Radiates/receives RF signals for RT. Mounted on vehicle. (AS-3900 or AS-3916, part of
2. MOUNTING ADAPTER: Provides interface and support to RT and power amplifier (in LR radios). Mounts in mounting
3. HANDSET. Used for voice communication. Connects to amplifier adapter connector AUD/DATA A J3 (when RT is
mounted in an amplifier adapter) or to RT connector AUD/FILL (when RT is mounted in a power supply adapter).
When using a headset, connect to amplifier adapter connector AUD/DATA A J3.
4. CONTROL-MONITOR (CM) (if used): Connects to mounting adapter connector J9. Connects to power supply adapter
connector J3. Used to remotely control RT (one CM can control up to three RTs).
5. CVC HELMET: Used for voice communication. Connects to C-2298/VRC (control box) connectors J802 and J803 (the
control box is connected to AM-1 780/VRC connector J507, and the AM-1 780/VRC is connected to mounting base
connectors J3 and J4).
6. LOUDSPEAKER. Loudspeaker-Control Unit, LS-671/U (loudspeaker) monitors RT voice/audio communication.
Connects to mounting base connector J3 (for RT in position A) or to mounting base connector J4 (for RT in position
B). Loud- speaker LS-454/U may also be used. Connects to mounting adapter connector J6.
7. MOUNTING BASE: Supports mounting adapter. Bolted to vehicle.
8. RECEIVER-TRANSMITTER: Slides into mounting adapter or power supply adapter: mates with jack at rear of adapter.
RT in position A is always the bottom RT. RT in position B is the upper RT. If you have a SR/LR, the RT in position A
is the LR RT and the RT in position B is the SR RT.
9. POWER SUPPLY ADAPTER: Provides interface and support to RT. Mounts in single radio mount.
10. SINGLE RADIO MOUNT: Supports power supply adapter. Provides power to power supply adapter.