1. VEHICULAR ANTENNA: Radiates/receives RF signals for RT. Mounted on vehicle.
(AS-3900 or AS-3916, or installation kit.)
2. POWER AMPLIFIER: Provides 50 watts of RF power during transmit. Slides into mounting adapter; mates with jack at
rear of adapter. A second unit is used for LR/LR and is mounted in a separate mounting base.
3. POWER AMPLIFIER MOUNT: Provides control interface and support to second power amplifier.
4. CVC HELMET: Used for voice communication. Connects to C-2298/VRC (control box) connectors J802 and J803 (the
control box is connected to AM/1 780/VRC connector J507, and the AM-1 780/VRC is connected to mounting base
connectors J3 and J4).
5. CONTROL-MONITOR (CM) (if used): Connects to mounting adapter connector J9. Connects to power supply adapter
connector J3. Used to remotely control RT (one CM can control up to three RTs).
6. HANDSET: Used for voice communication. Connects to amplifier adapter connector AUD/DATA A J3 (when RT is
mounted in an amplifier adapter) or to RT connector AUD/FILL (when RT is mounted in a power supply adapter).
When using a headset, connect to amplifier adapter connector AUD/DATA A J3.
7. MOUNTING ADAPTER: Provides interface and support to RT and power amplifier (in LR radios). Mounts in mounting
8. LOUDSPEAKER: Loudspeaker-Control Unit, LS-671/U (loudspeaker) monitors RT voice/audio communication.
Connects to mounting base connector J3 (for RT in position A) or to mounting base connector J4 (for RT in position
B). Loud- speaker LS-454/U may also be used. Connects to mounting adapter connector J6.
9. MOUNTING BASE: Supports mounting adapter. Bolted to vehicle.
10. RECEIVER-TRANSMITTER: Slides into mounting adapter or power supply adapter; mates with jack at rear of
adapter, RT in position A is always the bottom RT, RT in position B is always the upper RT. If you have a SR/LR, the
RT in position A is the LR RT and the RT in position B is the SR RT.