Set CHAN to MAN, MODE to FH-M, KY-57 as required (ON or OFF, MODE to C, etc.) as local SOP dictates.
Contact net members and confirm communication.
Tell members to set FCTN to LD
Have members stand by for cold start net opening.
Before transmitting the ERF, tell members:
(1) In which channel you wish them to store ERF.
(2) To confirm their reception of the ERF and to confirm that it has been stored.
Retrieve and ERF lockout set:
(1) Press H-Ld.
(2) Press L.
(3) Press first digit of lockout set number.
(4) Press SEnd.
(5) Confirm net members reception.
Retrieve and ERF hopset/net ID:
(1) Make sure that FCTN is set to LD.
(2) Press H-Ld.
(3) Enter number of channel where ERF is stored (display will show "HF" followed by hopset number, display will blink,
and beep will be heard).
(4)Press SEnd (display will show "SEnd", and beep will be heard)
receives hopset, net ID, and FH sync time).